
Hi everybody! Things were hot here but now that it has rained today we were able to have a cooler afternoon and relax in the dining room for a while. Brent was cutting down trees yesterday and trimming hedges today with a machette! The girls were painting at the school and I was, guess where, in the kitchen. We are invited to a wedding at 5:00 on Saturday. Will let you know about how that goes. This afternoon a little gecko had lost it's way and we found him in our bathroom, the girls had another in their shower. The photo inserted is of Rebecca and our very good amigo and translator Valentin. He is taking very good care of us and annoying us with making us ask for things in Spanish. We just wanted to let you know that we are well and having a great God time in the Dominican.
6 comments:
A DR wedding... that should prove a memorable experience! Looking forward to hearing all about it.
Cathy.
Hi there Davies Bunch!
It's been really interesting reading your blog. Hope that your Mom finds a way to read it too Rhea. Once someone shows her how to access it I'm sure she'll be hooked!
I don't envy you washing all those dishes - how about missing one meal? - that would reduce your load!
Hope that your house will be completed soon.
Peace be with you.
Veronica
Hey Rhea and all the other Daviesbunch too
Glad to hear that things are going well for you there. I hope you are able to get into your house soon. Looks like some major reno's going on there. I am just back to work after a lovely 2 week holiday in California. Things pretty much the same around here. Anyway, keep posting, and adding pics. Love the site.
Chris
Dishes, dishes, dishes.....did you by any chance - pack some rubber gloves in your take-the-first-time stuff? Did you notice (and I'm sure that you did) that Geckos make noise? Coma esta usted? Hope you have recovered from your stomach ailment. You are all going to be so fluent in Spanish when you get back. I love reading the blog.
Elaine
Hi Rhea
Thanks for the blog. Sigrun told me to check it out. It's a great way for us to share your adventures. I am sure you will find that the people you are with will teach and give you much more than you give them. Also I am sure the denial of a leave of absence from CPL was no reflection on your excellence as an employee but merely a fear that they would then have to offer this opportunity to lots of employees (altho I doubt it but who knows what goes thru the mind of a HR person). Good luck and keep posting. My prayers are with you.
Anne M (also ex-employee of CPL)
Hi There Davies Bunch
Looks like you are having way too much fun in the D.R with the wild life!!!
I just got back from spending a few days in B.C. with family.
Hope your home is ready soon.
I enjoyed reading about your adventures so far.
Hows the tea holding out? will get more away.
Love and blessings to all of you
Rita
Post a Comment