Tuesday, August 22, 2006

We Have a Roof!!


It happened Sunday, August 20th!! We have a brand new roof to cover our family. Our house is not completed, but we have a roof. The girls placed medium sized rocks underneath the electrical tubing so the cement would not pinch it, and then the guys pictured at the bottom of the photo (and more) brought in all this big machinery and the roof was poured in 6 hours. A record for here! Today, Tuesday, some of the framing came off and some new windows were knocked into walls and a second wall was knocked down to make room for a closet between Liliana's office and the girls bedroom. We look forward to our new home, someday. We know each day brings us closer to the finished product. We are thankful to Child Evangelism for working so hard to build this home for us and for future missionaries that God will call. We are proud to be the first family to live in the home, and God is giving us patience to live where we are for a time. Ta Ta For Now!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi guys,
I'm glad to hear that your house is coming along. Mel and I are missing you- it's hard not to when everything around us reminds us of you! Things here are going well... Love you and God bless.
sarah

Anonymous said...

oh, and shadow and daisy are doing great- they are getting spoiled, but i think that they miss you as much as we do.
bye for now!

Anonymous said...

I continue to pray for you as you adapt to this new ministry and culture.
Word of a hurricane gives me concern. I saw a photo of heavy rain.
I enjoy following your news on this blog.
fran

Anonymous said...

I continue to pray for you as you adapt to this new ministry and culture.
Word of a hurricane gives me concern. I saw a photo of heavy rain.
I enjoy following your news on this blog.
fran