Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Hot! Hot! Hot!

Hola!! Things are great here, except for the fact that we miss you all. God is great! The weather is hot and very humid, lots of water and shade helps. There is a team here from New York state that is working on our remodel of our house. Will post the photos next time. They told us 1 week, but we know it will be more like 4 before we move in. Perhaps when Diana and Matt get here they can help us move again. We are in 2 rooms and are very comfortable. Twins and Brent have been painting at the school and I have been busy in the kitchen. Rebecca got to spend time with Samuel today, but we have not seen any of the other kids. Today we all fed over 200 people here as there is a second team here with over 150 Dominican kids from poorer areas for summer camp. Both teams will leave on Thursday and will give us some time to relax, somewhat because then we will help with our little renovations. There is another girl here for a month from Oakville ON so she is happy we are here. There are plantain and mango trees and many mosquitos!! Lots of little geckos running around, there is one in the girls shower! They thought it was dead, but NO. Have not seen any tarantulas, but apparently there was one in the boys bathroom. Better go before I get eaten alive by mosquitos as am sitting outside, it is dark and the bugs love the computer screen and the fresh meat on my bones.
Love to all,
Brent, Rhea, Rebecca, Mikaela and Reilly

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know you really didn't have to go all the way to the Dominican to get eaten by mosquitos, my dear!

Sorry I missed you tonight. Hopefully tomorrow. Sounds like you are all getting settled in.

Love to you all

Cathy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhea,
I hope the mosquitoes in the DR do not carry the west nile virus. Ha ha.. I know God will keep you guys safe and healthy. Don't work too hard in the heat, eh! It's quiet for me at home this wk cause the girls are at summer camps. I do not get called to work either. Hmm..I better get used to this. Missing you and the gals at FC.
Love, Amy

Anonymous said...

Hi Brent and Rhea,
WOw...you have made it there, and it sounds as though things are going well. Remember flexibility is a key word in your lives this year!! I love reading your messages as I can totally relate to the feelings you have and have had. Isn't it amazing to finally get to the place that you have planned for, prepared for, and dreamed about for what seems like forever by the time you get there. May you allow God to work in your life day by day so that you can fully embrace each thing he has for you and your family in the DR., and those at home. Don't miss anything!! Don't wish you were back at home, cause soon enough you will be...I know from experience...and then you will be wishing you were back in the DR. What an awesome life changing growing experience this will be for all of you. God will honor your stepping out and your obedience....even if it is not always easy!! I am so excited for you and wish I was reliving our yere in Zimbabwe right now too!! Will be praying for you all. Sorry we missed you in Saskatoon...I was in Panama with a short term team from Forest Grove! Blessings...Maryanne

Anonymous said...

So glad you made it! I've been thinking & praying for you all. I have never "Blogged" before. This is super! Love reading about what is happening with you. I know that you year is going to be hard but wonderful!

Take care!

Lesley