Friday, July 14, 2006
Rhea's Last Day of Work
As I sit at work and think how much I am going to miss the people I work with, I wonder about how things will be without me here. Will they miss me? Will they wonder how we are? Things change and so do people. It's funny, how things come about. What things lead you to different decisions in your life? Two years ago this day would have been the furthest thing from my mind, foreign to me. What? Quit my job! Are you nuts? Apparently! I just wanted to say that working for the Calgary Public Library was the best job I have ever had. Was an excellent part of my life for the last 7+ years, but things change. The decision of management to not give me a leave of absence was probably the most shocking thing. It rocked the strong belief that I had about how CPL was really the best place ever, but now I know that to not be true. I was comfortable in a place that was making me not live my life to it's fullest. Don't get me wrong, I think that they made the wrong decision in not giving me a leave. I was a very loyal, hardworking employee and would have been back in a year, even better, but now I have the whole world open to me and God will guide where I go from here. Just as he has guided me so far. I am at a good "place" right now and looking forward to our adventure to begin in 14 days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Upward and onward. God isn't done with you yet.
C.
Hey Rhea,
I miss you already and it isn't even Tues night yet. Enjoy the next 2 weeks with your family. I'm glad we had a nice send off for you last night. And of course we will all be keeping tabs on you over the next year and thinking of you often -- especially during the first snow storm. Take care and try to pop in before you go.
Chris
Hi It's Diana Miss you
he Baby
An experience of a lifetime... Have a safe journey Rhea, Brent, Rebecca, Mikaela, and Reilly.
Cathy.
Post a Comment